Thursday 29 May 2014

Positivity VS negativity

What really annoys me is when people deliberately create a bad situation for themselves. I do not know what their motive is, but to me it is as annoying as when someone on the tube sneezes and then places their hand back on the handrail. 

The thing is, being happy is so much easier. Whether I wake up in a good mood or a bad mood, I try to slap a smile on my face. It has actually been shown that smiling makes you happy, rather than being happy makes you smile.

"It would appear that the way we feel emotions isn’t just restricted to our brain—there are parts of our bodies that help and reinforce the feelings we’re having,” says Michael Lewis, a co-author of the study. “It’s like a feedback loop. No one yet knows why our facial expressions influence our emotions as they seem to. The associations in our mind between how we feel and how we react may be so strong that our expressions simply end up rein­forc­ing our emotions—there may be no evolutionary reason for the con­nec­tion. Even so, our faces do seem to communicate our states of mind not only to others but also to our­selves. “I smile, so I must be happy,” Grob says.
Source- Scientific American.7



This is also another thing that completely baffles me. I didn't enjoy all of my school life but there were aspects that I absolutely loved. When people asked me how I doing in London, I would always reply, 'Great thanks, I'm really enjoying it!'. I didn't say what I was enjoying about it, just that it was a great experience. Moaning about the state of the toilets or the fact I didn't like my maths teacher wouldn't change anything, would it? Focusing on the positives got me through it! However, there are a lot of people in life who will take any chance they get to pin point all of the negatives and tell everyone how awful it is. They don't mention or even acknowledge the good bits, the 9 times out of 10 it was okay. Because it didn't reach their standards, all of the 'horrible' bits stand out and overpower the entire situation. To me, that is pointless. It doesn't achieve anything and is definitely not constructive.

So the lesson of my rant today is think positive and smile; It'll make the day seem so much easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment