Thursday 17 July 2014

NYC ramblings.

Hello, Coffee Fiends and Sassy Scallions!

One word for New York?

Wow.

Just, wow. For one thing, I didn't even DARE get a taxi ride. I valued my life far too much! Every car had a ding, dent or scratch along the sides, and I don't mean small ones. Like, 'I've just hit a cyclist, three toddlers and a hobo' size.

I spent a lot of money whilst there. Two new pairs of shoes (Dr Martens and Uggs), a quill (I'm partial to some good old fashioned pen and ink), a new scrapbook (I hoard) and clothes upon clothes, upon yet more clothes... China town was also an... amazing experience. I got chopsticks, a purse, a necklace with a guitar on and a cute bamboo mouse. Not to mention some Chinese candy!

The candy out there is awesome. Much, MUCH more variety than the UK. I mean, two words; MINT M&M'S. 

WHAT?!?!

Almond snickers and peanut butter flavour, m&m's, twizzlers, candy, candy, CANDY!!

On a more elegant note, me and my mum went to Tiffany's. (swoon)
I bought myself my first ever proper ring. I'm very particular with jewelry and have a tendency to lose it, so this is a big thing. I trust myself (I think) as I've grown older, so let's see how this goes. My mum surprised me with a bracelet from there, which I also adore!

Surprisingly, the portions are not massive. Because of the heat, me and mum were not hungry most of the time, but still ate loads! Still, normal size portions + good presentation= happy Jazz.

We visited the Empire State building, and the height truly is astonishing. As with the 9/11 memorial and the centre of Central Park, all of the madness is sucked out and replaced with a tranquil atmosphere. Beautiful.
Staten Ferry was awesome, too. Seeing all the sights definitely made my holiday.

The mother and I went to 'Chicago' on Broadway as well! It rocked. We also saw 'Heather's' off Broadway, which was definitely a good choice. We just rocked up on the day! A must see.

Oh, and the subway? Easy. Piece of cake. AIR CONDITIONED AND BIGGER TRAINS.
London underground, GET YOUR #@!? TOGETHER!

5th Avenue, 34th street, Macy's, shopping, food and Central Park. Dream.

ALSO!!
ALL the info on my holiday travels are in my newest vlog, Check it out!
Visit my YouTube {https://www.youtube.com/user/JazzyProcksthebisc}
Like, subscribe and comment if I should make more!
TWITTER- {_Jasmine_Page}
IG- {@theonceuponatimer}

No comments:

Post a Comment