Tuesday 1 July 2014

Glastonbury Music Festival!

Hello my Sassy Scallions!

Sorry I've been neglecting you for so long- It's been so hectic and busy recently, I'll admit my blog was at the back of my mind. However, Glastonbury Festival was an amazing experience!

For one thing, always remember all body waterproofs. Even if it is predicted sun. Always!
Whilst we were there, I had to buy new wellies, waterproofs and my parents had to buy new sleeping bags and airbeds; the tent is not apparently suitable for torrential rain! Luckily, it was beautiful for the last day and we had some occasional sunny spells, making it so worth it.

ALWAYS BRING WELLIES.
Because of the rain, it was deadly. There was so much mud, it was stuck to all of our clothes and it was an effort to walk straight. People were staggering around like drunk toddlers (personal experience)! Wellies will stop your feet from getting soaked and cause a good enough grip. Thankfully, Glastonbury pulled there act together for the last day and spread some bark, which I guess is better late than never. I was actually rather miffed that none was spread earlier; I saw children covered in mud, mobility scooters getting stuck and people with walking disabilities struggling majorly. The staff were (in my opinion) extremely lazy. They were more interested in standing around chatting than making sure people used the compost loo's properly (which caused it to smell awful), and my mum witnessed a boy collapsing and having a fit in the mud. The staff did not arrive for a good twenty minutes and he was still laying there an hour later, meaning that there was not actually an ambulance on its way. Disgusting.

ALWAYS BRING EARPLUGS.
The staff get to rave until the early hours of the morning, getting drunk and causing a load of unnecessary noise. If you want an alright nights sleep, bring earplugs. Also, very warm clothing, as I experienced some freezing nights which were very uncomfortable.

Apart from that (and other things I can't be bothered to moan about!), I did have a good time. The music was great and I met a few lovely people. However, I think I'll stick to Leeds and V-festival, as it had a much nicer atmosphere! Bye for now!

ALSO!!!!!!
I have started a vlog! Visit my Youtube { https://www.youtube.com/user/JazzyProcksthebisc }
to keep up to date with my daily life!
{IG- theonceuponatimer}
{Twitter- _jasmine_page}

No comments:

Post a Comment